chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Everything I've Never Had - Lynetta Halat 5 Amazing Stars !!!!!! My FULL Review is now posted!!!!Wait till you all meet Adrian. he is 100% swoon worthy and is going on my Book Boyfriend list :) Once again Lynetta has blown me away with her writing style. She truly knows how to write a story that grips you right from the start and leaves you wondering where your day went because you were so consumed by the story you are reading. After reading Every Rose I was kind of scared to see where this book was going to go. I remember asking Lynetta if this one was going to have an HEA or if I was going to be screaming my dislike at her again for making me cry my eyes out. She assured me I was in for an HEA. I was hooked right from the Prologue, I knew I was going to cry at least once during this book, but at the end I had the best happy tears in the world. Celeste is 38 years old she is a widowed mom of 3 boys. She is part of a very powerful family. One that decides who you will marry. Althou she knew her husband growing up she never truly loved him as anything more than her best friend. When her husband dies his cousin Adrian steps in and becomes a father figure to the boys and becomes best friends with Celeste. "I know I'm not supposed to want him. He's my own slice of forbidden fruit--my deceased husband's outcast cousin. And with the way our families were connected, that was not something I could ignore"Adrian made a promise to his cousin before he died and he has done everything in his power to keep that promise. Since the day he died Adrian has been a constant in Celeste and her boy’s life. He is always there to help her with the boys and he helps Celeste with anything she needs. He has also been in love with Celeste for the last 3 years, but he has not acted on those feelings.“Sometimes we forget to appreciate the things that truly matter because our vision is so clouded by all of the mundanes. The here and now become our obsession , and we forget the concept of our finite state because with all the little things vying for our attention it feels like we'll go on forever.”They both want so much more from each other but they have been dealt with some obstacles along the way. With neither one telling the other how they truly feel things start to heat up. Celeste wants Adrian, She wants him all to herself, she wants to show him how much she loves him. One night at the bar watching him play his guitar is all it takes for Celeste to realize she needs to act on those feelings she has. “That kiss...that kiss was exceptional, and I'll never forget it. As I stand here and as long as I live, it was the best I've ever had, the best I could ever have.”Adrian, he is sweet, protective, loving, supportive and totally swoon worthy. As much as he had feelings for Celeste and wanted to act on those feelings he kept trying to fight them, but everyone reaches a point when they can’t stop the feelings and one must act on them. As many times as he tried to push her away or tell her they could not be together, you could tell he was breaking his own heart in the process. When their attraction can not be fought no more and they are finally together it is the most beautiful scene. I absolutely loved when they finally decided they could not fight their feelings anymore. “Being with you, Adrian. It's everything I've ever needed....I feel like you love me for me. Not for what I have to offer you or what you can acquire or who you can make happy by being with me. And the things you make me feel--I thought I'd never be free to feel, so I don't regret us. I'll never be sorry for loving you.”This story is full of emotion, family issues, humor, twists and turns that will have you say what the heck is Lynetta doing? In the end though it is one of the most beautiful stories of love I have read. I fell in love with Celeste and Adrian and they will forever be one of my favorite book Couples. “All I want to do is hold you and protect you and love you. Will you let me do that, not matter the consequences?”Review to come during Blog Tour !!!!!Got my ARC woo hoo !!!