chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Two Roads - L.M. Augustine There once was a girl She lived in bliss She loved simple things: poetry, scrap pages, people who listen Her parents were perfect, but they deemed her a waste And then she had no oneThis is the story of Cali, Ben (Cali’s Brother) and Logan ( Ben’s best friend). They are a close group of three growing up until tragedy strikes and nothing is the same for Cali. Everything falls apart for Cali and her family when Ben dies tragically. Cali’s parents have told her she will never amount to anything and she feels totally alone in the world. So she begins the mean girl act who will sleep with any man, only problem is she is lying to everyone, she is putting on a front to hide her true feelings about everything. Cali is in College and when she finds out Logan has transferred to the same college she attends, she decides to break out her full blown mean girl act and starts a prank war with Logan. She hates Logan, She hates that he is happy, she hates the geeky shirts he wears, she hates everything about him. She holds nothing back with pranks against him until she pulls the ultimate prank and then feels like she did something wrong when she has finally won the prank war. After the ultimate prank Cali discover’s that her parents have set her up on a blind date with none other than Logan. They soon discover that they both have a lot in common and they both love poetry. Logan spends a week trying to convince Cali to go to the National Poetry Convention with him, at the last minute she decides to go. This is where everything comes to light for them both. Everyone gets a chance in their life.Everyone gets a choice.And she may not have made hers yetbut something is startingand she can feel it.Something is happening to her lifesomething is changingand Logan Waters is in the goddamn center of it.This story is about discovery, grief, love, loss and the choices you make. It is heartwarming, & funny, but also compassionate. "Sometimes the right thing is the hard choice, the road not many people take, and sometimes you must have to go for it."