chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Shine Not Burn - Elle Casey If you love a sweet, light- hearted, funny , hot, totally swoon worthy cowboy, then this book is for you. “It means that if I want to get lucky with you, I should just take the risk and tell you what's on my mind, because failing would be worse than never trying.”A sweet story that starts out with Andie getting an invitation to one of her two best friends bachelorette party. Yo, Party Girl! We. Need. You. Be at the airport tomorrow ...Don't let us down. And remember, you have permission to have fun and forget about your bullsh*t boyfriend PUKE because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.'Once the Gals are in Vegas they proceed to start drinking and partying. Kelly gets a little drunk quick and Candice takes her off to take care of her, leaving Andie to wonder around the hotel casino. This is where she spots a sexy cowboy sitting at a table and as she ventures towards him, she trips up on her own feet and ends up covering him in her drink.“I doubted at this point that I'd be able to string a coherent sentence together. His beauty combined with his slow-talking cowboy sexiness had completely robbed me of any intelligence.” They hit it off instantly. They play some blackjack, drink some drinks and then venture off to Andie’s room where they have “hot monkey sex”. “... something about being here in this neon-glitzy place, my shoes off and my boobs pushed up to my neck made me feel bold. Daring. Ready to grab the world by the balls and make it beg for mercy. Rawr.”“I really liked this cowboy. Mack. But I didn't know a single thing about him other than the fact that he doesn't wear underwear and he's got a big cock-a-doodle doo that he definitely knows how to use. Yee haw.”“The question is not whether I'm sure, but whether you are. Because I know exactly what I want, and I'm not the kind of guy who's afraid to go after it once I see it.”Gavin “Mack” MacKenzie, Andie describes him best, Sexy. Handsome. Smart. Sexy. Magnetizing. Compelling. Muscles. Good family. Confident. Polite. Sexy.
“If you really, really want me to stop touching you, I will. I swear it … But if you want me to keep touching you, all you have to do is say please, and it’ll be done. I’ll touch you all night. All you have to do is ask.”See total swooning right there. Gavin Is a cowboy who works with his parents on their ranch. His Brother Ian is getting married and wants the boys to take off to Vegas for a bachelor Party. Once they hit Vegas Mack Goes off from Ian and his buddies to do some gambling. This is where he meets Andie, and from there they get to drinking, gambling, and spending the night together. 2 years later Andie is working on her life plan and getting married. She receives a phone call that informs her she cannot get her marriage license because it appears she is married according to the state of Nevada. WHOA WHAT!!!!!!! Andie sets off to Oregon to find the cowboy with divorce papers in hand. As Andie spends time with Mack and his family her plans for Mack signing the divorce papers start to falter. As she gets to know Mack and his family she wonders if her life plan is what she truly should be doing. Will Andie stick with her life plan or will she give it all up to become a cowgirl and stay married to Mack?“With that realization came the understanding that sometimes you can't appreciate the true beauty of a thing until you experience it for yourself; no amount of words or pictures will do the trick. And no amount of planning could make it happen. Sometimes, we just have to go where the wind takes us and see where we end up.”