chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Love In Between (Love Series #1) - Sandi Lynn 4.5 StarsWOW you all are going to LOVE Luke. He is totally Swoon worthy for sure. What happens when the lives of two people who no longer believe in love are suddenly changed by fate?Meet Lily, all her life she has been surrounded by cheating, her father was a womanizer and cheated on his mom through his whole life. The Day Lily is to marry her fiancé she finds him in a room in the church with her sister. Vowing to never live her life like her mother did, Lily packs up and moves to Santa Monica putting her family out of her life and men as well. Luke Matthews, a year ago he lost the love of his life in a tragic car accident. He felt he would never get back what he had with his fiancé. He lived his life this last year being sad, playing his guitar and trying to ease the pain of his loss. Luke is totally Swoon worthy in my book. He is caring, supportive, and says all the right things. Lily and Luke meet when she moves into the building they live in. Sam is Luke’s best friend and helps Lily out by helping her move the boxes into her apartment, which is across the hall from their apartment. Sam and lily become instant friends. When Lily first meets Luke he is rude to her. She becomes rude right back to him. As Lily and Sam get to know each other Lily learns that Luke has had a rough last year and Sam explains a little to her about what happened. Lily also explains to Sam what has happened to her. Thanks to Sam and his pushing them a little Luke and Lily start to become friends, and things grow from there. “We aren’t going to have sex, Lily. We’re going to make love, and it’s going to be beautiful, but not tonight and not here.”We see what happens when two very broken people try to keep distance from each other but in the end they have feelings for each other and they can’t stay away from each other. As they work through their past and issues they come together stronger as a couple. “I’ll be there with you. I’ll be there for you, and I’ll be there to catch you if you fall."Sandi did a fabulous job of bringing these two characters together. We watch a friendship grow into a love where neither one likes to be away from each other. Throw in a little drama from lily’s past and from Luke’s and you have a really great story about friends, family and what love truly means. This book does not end here, there is a book 2 BUT you are not left with any kind of cliffhanger. It ends in a good spot. I can’t wait for book two of Luke & Lily’s story the Upside of Love coming in 2014. Thank you Sandi for sending this my way before release. I LOVED every minute of it. Even the Clouds will sayThere’s nowhere we can get away fromeverythingThere’s nowhere we can practice positivityWhen all I see is meSo let’s drop let’s stop this teenage rivalryAnd every heart will breakThere’s just no way to keep it safe fromanythingIf the only thing that makes it break issomebodyPlease don’t give it to me’Cause seeing you cry makes me want to leaveBut losing you scares the shit out of me.Or maybe, I’ll sail the ocean blueOr I’d fly a rocket to the moonBut I’m good for nothing without youIt doesn’t matter what you sayI think about you every day, girl, IAm good for nothing without youEven the clouds will sayThat Saturdays and rainy days were meant toBeIf you’re indoors and in the arms of somebodyUnder the blankets and sheetsWell the sky is clear; it’s the middle of the weekSo come my dear, let’s make believe.Or maybe, I’ll sail the ocean blueOr I’d fly a rocket to the moonBut I’m good for nothing without youIt doesn’t matter what you sayI think about you every day, girl, IAm good for nothing without youCause I want youI want youI want youTo want me toI want youI want youI want youI doBut I won’t fool this heart anymoreOr maybe, I’ll sail the ocean blue Got my ARC woo hoo thanks Sandi !!!!!