chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Love Request - Tara Chevrestt This story raises some issues with Bullying, as well as Hearing Loss. It takes you on a journey With Ciara who we meet in the first chapter when she enters a new school in grade 2. Ciara is hearing impaired, we see first hand what she is dealt with, when a couple of other girls in the class begin to bully her because she is different.(or so they think she is). Then we jump ahead 20 yrs and Ciara is dealing with the loss of her mother to cancer. She is living her life the best she can. She has co-worker’s who are her friends and that is about it. Tammy her friend convinces her she needs to get on facebook and try to reacquaint herself with old friends from school. We travel through present and past in this story as we see how Ciara was bullied in 2nd and 3rd grade and who she developed a crush on through it all. Thanks to modern technology Ciara finds Hunter her old crush from 3rd grade on Facebook. In the present we get to see Hunter and Ciara communicate first through facebook then meet again in real life after 20 yrs. Hunter is dealing with a recent divorce. Thanks to facebook He gets a message from Ciara . When he realizes who it is he is all for talking to her and finding out what she has been up to all these years. I love how Tara kept the story pleasant and romantic while dealing with the aspects of Ciara being bullied. She did a fabulous job of bringing forth some info on hearing impaired so people would understand it a little bit more. Over all I thought this was a fun romantic read. I was drawn in from the first page and read it in one day. I don’t want to give a whole lot away as you need to experience it yourself without the spoilers.