chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Darkness Deserved - Jessica Spoon Updated with Full Review 7/27/135 AMAZING Intense, Dark, Painful, Heartbreaking ,loving Stars !!!!!!! This is an Amazing debut novel from Jessica Spoon, It is Dark I will not lie. This book was so raw, intense, A mind F*ck for sure. This is not your normal fall in love, happily ever after kind of story. This is a dark, raw, very intense book. Yes I know I have said that it is intense more then once, you need to understand that before you jump into this book. Harper Reagan has been through everything a woman could possibly go through. Losing her parents and entering foster care, only to be abused by her foster father. Running away at fifteen, she enters the world’s oldest profession to survive. And survive she did. Barely...Harper God I feel her pain, with every single flash back and nightmare she has I was right there with her. I was cringing while reading parts of her story. She has been through a lot of darkness in her life for sure, But she has also been saved. After a rough night, Harper is finally saved by Nikko. Nikko has been looking for her for yrs. I won’t tell you who Nikko is I will let you find out for yourself, but know he does save her. After all Harper has been through she finally gets her life on track and hides from her past daily. She still is haunted nightly in her dreams by her dark past, and dark it sure was. She stays private, out of the eyes of the public to an extent. She has built a life in a new place. She has a bar, lives in an upscale Penthouse/ condo , she buys anything she wants after not having nothing when she was younger. Everything changes in the blink of an eye one day when one day the hot Adonis Breccan Cladwell comes walking into her bar and their eyes meet. Breccan is hot, sexy, has beautiful eyes and a to die for smile. He is every woman’s dream , but he is to risky for Harper as he is famous. He is always in the spotlight, and camera’s follow him. She tries her hardest to resist him, but he is not taking no for an answer. He even resorts to stalking her. He pushes her and she finally gives in and decides to see where things go, but wants to keep things private so news does not get out about her anywhere. Breccan is understanding to a point, but soon they are fighting , arguing, and Harper is constantly trying to run from him and her feelings. When they fight and argue it is intense, but the making up and sex after is mind blowing for sure. I don’t want to go into any more details then I have as I don’t want to ruin it for anyone, but I will leave you with this.NOTE* this does have a cliffhanger, Not a OMG what did you do and why did you leave me like this , but it has a pretty good one. As far as I know she is looking at September for Book #2 and there will be a Book #3.Jessica you knocked it out of the park as far as I am concerned for a debut Novel. This book is intense, raw, mind blowing, but there is love also. I can not wait for book #2 and to see where things go for Harper and Breccan. Please for the LOVE of god let him tell her why he calls her Dove and what it means !!!!!!! I hope when all is said and done they do get their HEA in the end. Harper truly deserves it.