chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

This Girl (Slammed, #3) - Colleen Hoover This Was ABSOLUTELY Beautiful .... I've been sitting for over an hr trying to figure out how to write my review on this book and this series and How I am going to say goodbye to a FANTASTIC Book Couple and I just can't do it. Writing a review would mean I have to say goodbye to Will and Lake and I'm just not ready to do that yet. So I am simply going to Post all of my favorite Quotes from the book. “But every smile on your faceseems to replaceA memory I'd rather not holdEach time you laugh, it fills avoidEach kiss heals another wound in my soul” “I can't remember feeling this way... since well, ever. It's new. It's scary. It's exciting. It's nerve-racking. It's calming. It's every single emotion I've ever felt balled up into an intense urge to grab hold of her and never let go.” “I want her to wait for me. I want her to wait for me so bad. I don’t want to think about her ever allowing anyone bedsides me to love her.” “You're in love with her, aren't you?" I pause. Am I? I sign and clasp my hands behind my head, not sure what to say. "I'm trying so hard not to be," I say quietly, admitting it to myself for the first time.”“She rolls her eyes. 'Will, this date is going to be my suck for the day if you don't become a little more talkative.'I laugh. 'Yes, we're going to Club N9NE. Yes, we're going to dinner first. Yes, I wrote a slam for you. Yes, we're leaving the club early so we can go back to my house and hardcore make out in the dark.''You just became my sweet,' she says.” “Those are the hardest pieces of all to accept. The pieces of our puzzleThat just don't belong” “Before I love you can come out of my mouth again, the front door swings open and Julia walks outside. "We're going to have to set some ground rules," she says. There's more amusement in her voice than anger or annoyance."Sorry, Julia," I yell over my shoulder. I turn back to Lake and kiss her one last time, then take a step away from her. "It's just that I'm madly in love with your daughter!""Yeah." Julia laughs. "I can see that.” “I hold still against her, taking one final look at this amazing, beautiful girl beneath me. "You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to my life," I whisper.” “I love her. I know she loves me. And despite what Julia thinks is good for us, I want her to wait for me. We need to be together. We have to be together. If I don't stop her from walking away right now, I'll regret it for the rest of my life.”“She doesn't speak, but she doesn't have to. I know in these moments, when it's just her and me and nothing else, that she truly, soul-deep loves me.” “I love you so damn much, it hurts.' I force my lips against hers, then pull away just as fast. 'But it hurts in a really good way.” “This is it, Lake," I say pointing back and forth between us. "It's real now. I'm not walking away from you again. Ever." Her eyes fill with tears. "Promise?" she whispers."I swear. I love you so much." A tear rolls down her cheek. "Say it again," she whispers.” “You want to know my sweet?" I ask her/She nods.I kiss her on the forehead. "You. Always you.” “COMPLETELY. Utterly. Frozen. My eyes drop to the table in front of me when she finishes. Her words are sinking in. A boy that I'm seriously, deeply, madly, incredibly, and undeniably in love with. In love with?That's what she said.In love with. As in present tense.She loves me. Layken Cohen loves me.”“Then this girl completely shatters the window to my soul and crawls inside.” “You, baby girl. You’re my final piece.”