chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Branded (Sinners, #1) - Abi Ketner,  Missy Kalicicki I am not even sure I can write a review that will do this book any justice. I will say this book was Amazing,Beautifully written, Incredible. Abi Offered this book to me to read and review and She told me flat out it was a very gritty book ..not for the light hearted and she did not lie. It definitely is a different kind of read BUT a Phenomenal one for sure. "Never did I imagine they’d come for me. Never did I imagine all those nights I heard them dragging someone else away that I’d join them."This Book is Violent,painful, shocking, and it will keep you turning the pages and wanting more now. Lexi has Been accused of Lust, She has been taken to the "Hole" and branded around her neck with her sin. She is not guilty, But trying to defend herself could result in her being killed instantly so she goes quietly. Once in the Hole She is assigned a guard Cole. Cole is Sincere , he is Guarding her but also he chooses to protect her at the same time. Not what guards are suppose to do at all. "I never planned on falling for you. You were just an assignment. But it just sort of happened and now... There's not a single thing I would change about you. When you smile, my entire world stops. All I see is you. I need you."They for a friendship which in turn leads to feelings for each other. Something that is forbidden in the Hole. No guard should be involved with a sinner. They have seen first hand what happens when you get involved. So they sneak around, they Hide it from everyone. You will read how Cole helps to keep her safe, How bonds are formed and friends are made. You will get a BIG surprise about midway through, BUT a GREAT one trust me. I LOVED this book Abi & Missy did an amazing Job with this story line and I can not wait for book #2There is no cliffhanger. You are left in a happy place with Lexi and Cole,safe and together, but you will want to know more. The good thing is they are already working on Book #2 YEAH !!!!"I love you... I don't want you to ever question it. I'd give up my life for yours. That's how much I love you. Don't you dare ever doubt that."