chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

The Valentine's Arrangement (Hero for the Holidays, #1) - Kelsie Leverich This was a great short read . “I didn’t want the line to get blurry, and I sure as hell didn’t want you to cross it.”Ronnie Clark, an edgy tattoo artist with hopes of high tailing it out of the forsaken Military town she followed her now ex-fiancé to, is counting down the days until Valentine’s Day is over. Ronnie doesn’t do romance. She doesn’t do flowers or dates, and she sure as hell doesn’t do love—not anymore. After her fiancé slept with a female solider while deployed, she has vowed never to fall in love again, especially with a soldier.Sergeant First Class Kale Emerson is home on his mid-tour leave from Iraq, but he only has one thing on his mind—returning to his deployment to finish leading his soldiers on their mission. The last thing he wants is a relationship, but casual sex, that’s a different story. And when he meets the renowned tattoo artist Ronnie Clark, a snarky, blunt, takes no prisoners kind of woman, that seems to be all he can think about. But when Kale realizes he has met his match with a bombshell woman who is hell bent against love, will just sex be enough? And if it’s not, will he be able to convince Ronnie that the proverbial hearts and flowers aren’t so bad after all, even if he is a soldier? “You changed something inside me, something I didn’t ever think I would want, or feel—but you did, and now I can’t go back”Ronnie was such a great character-just loved everything about her, from her tattoos~to her high heels~to her attitude. I loved the way she interacted with Mic, Jordan and especially Kale~loved her witty comebacks!! Her attitude was so harsh but she could be sweet and funny also. I felt bad for her because of how she grew up and what happened with Brandon. I so wanted her to kick him in his junk!! lol She definitely deserved someone like Kale!Kale.sexy smile, Captain America(so funny), gorgeous, awesome tattoo, alone, sweet, protective, caring, fierce and loyal. I couldn't help but fall for his character~the meaning of the tattoo on his back, the way he acted towards his soldiers and their families, and how he went to see his grams!! *sigh* Definitely hero material! I loved the scene where Kale and Ronnie first met.Such a well written, fun, emotional, spicy~hot story that had me from the start. “You can stop mind fucking me now ." Kale's Eyes Came close to popping out of his head. "Excuse me ?" Ronnie rolled her eyes . "Let's get this straight, soldier. I'm not sleeping with you. You can get it out of your pretty little head, and I suggest you do so before I stick a needle to your skin.”