chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Surviving Raine - Shay Savage Wow what a Story. You all know I read a lot of books and I find a lot of books that I read are really good and worthy of 5 stars. This one is worthy of 6 stars no doubt. This Book Owned me for 24 hrs. I could not do nothing else BUT think about Bastian & Raine. It is a Good thing I was home and got to sit and Do NOTHING but read this book, because it totally consumed me. This is the story of Sebastian Stark Aka Bastian and Raine.Bastian is the Captian of a Shooner and he does tours through the Caribbean Seas. He is not a people person . He is an Alcoholic who likes to drink himself till he pass’ out, and every now and then he gets himself a Whore. He cares about no one but himself . He has been that way for a longtime. His ship capsizes and this leaves him on a life raft with one of his female passengers. Bastian discovers pretty quick that he is not the only one he needs to care about , he now has a passenger that he needs to make sure stays safe also. The story revolves around the two of them trying to survive after His Ship sinks and they are left on a Life raft . Thankfully Bastian has major Survival Skills . He learns quick what he has for supplies on the life raft and how long they can survive with what they have. The first 24 hrs on the life raft are very trying for Raine as Bastian starts to go through alcohol withdrawals and he is not a nice person through it all . He is rude, Very verbally abusive , they argue a lot and Bastian wants nothing more than for her to just shut the hell up and leave him alone. "Well, is there something I can do to help with that?" she asked, "or are you just going to yell at me all the time?"As things get heated with his withdrawals and Raine constantly asking him what she can do to help him he finally lashes out at her very verbally ."Yeah, there is something you can do," I said coldly, turning my glare at her. "Come here and blow me. That would probably ease a bit of my tension - especially if you swallow."The sad thing was He knew deep down that he was being an A**Hole lol . There is also a TON of sexual tension between these two , I mean after all they are stuck with each other and they have no one else around them. Raine is the Polar opposite of Bastian , She is sweet, caring, and all she wants to do is help Bastian during their time on the raft. As they spend more time together Raine see’s there is something deeper in Bastian that has him acting like the rude A** he is and she starts asking questions and finally gets him to drop his protective barrier and he open’s up and tell her about himself. "I want to, Raine," I said quietly. "I want to let you in. I just don't know if I can.""I give you my life, my love, my soul,” I swore to her. “As long as I’m breathing, I’m yours. Even when I’m nothing more than a fucked up dick, I still love you.”There is an HEA , But we are left with info that We will be hearing more from Bastian and Raine and Possibly someone from his Past who plans to cause trouble . I received a copy of this book by being part of the Book tour . Shey Savage Knows how to write a story and you all will not be disappointed with this one. ADD it to your TBR list NOW .. and when it is released May 21st BUY IT !!!!!!Book Blurb: As the captain of a schooner catering to the elite on the Caribbean Seas, Sebastian Stark does his best to avoid any human encounters. Interacting with people isn’t his thing, and he prefers the company of a bottle of vodka, a shot glass, and maybe a whore. There’s no doubt he’s hiding from a checkered past, but he does well keeping everything to himself……until the night his schooner capsizes, and he’s stuck on a life raft with one of the passengers.Raine’s young, she’s cute, and Bastian would probably be into her if he wasn’t suffering from alcohol withdrawal. As the days pass, DTs, starvation, and dehydration become the norm. Even the most closed person starts to open up when he thinks he’s going to die, but when she realizes their traumatic pasts are connected, it’s no longer the elements that have Bastian concerned.He has no idea how he’s going to Survive RaineReading and reviewing for Author :)