chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Wide Awake - Shelly Crane “It doesn't matter who you were or what you've done in the past. The only thing that matters is who you are right now.” The Blurb alone pulled me in for this book. I am glad that I finally read it . This is the first Book I have read by Shelly Crane. Although I liked the story , I felt there could of been more to it . I truly did not connect with the characters in this story . ( that is not to say it was not a good story , it was ) I really don't understand why I could not connect with them . Hence the 4 stars , because the story was ok. “I'd more than missed him, I needed him. It wasn't a dependency, it wasn't a weakness or a failure, he was an addition to my very soul. And I laughed into our kiss as I realized that this was what love was. I could live without him, of course I could, and I could function and get on with my days if he wasn't here, but I didn't want to. I wanted him right where he was, in my space and in my life.” “You're the girl that I'm falling madly in love with." I felt all the breath leave me. My mouth fell open, but no words escaped. He chuckled. "A speechless Emma. That's really cute.” Book Blurb:A girl.A coma.A life she can't remember.When Emma Walker wakes up in the hospital with no knowledge of how she got there, she learns that she's been in a coma for six months. Strangers show up and claim to be her parents, but she can't remember them. She can't remember anyone. Not her friends, not even her boyfriend. Even though she can't remember, everyone wants her to just pick up where she left off, but what she learns about the 'old her' makes her start to wish she'd never woken up. Her boyfriend breaks up with the new girl he's dating to be with her, her parents want her to start planning for college, her friends want their leader back, and her physical therapist with the hazel eyes keeps his distance to save his position at the hospital.Will she ever feel like she recognizes the girl in the mirror?“The things we should focus on in any life shouldn’t be what we’ve lost, but what we’ve gained”