chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Whiskey State of Mind (Whiskey Shots #1) - Karlene Blakemore-Mowle I was debating whether this was 3 or 4 stars and I settled on 3 stars because this book just seemed so rushed to me . We did not get alot of info on some of the characters. I found myself having a hard time connecting with any character in this book because it just seemed so rushed. The story was there , but I feel alot of info got left out and there was a lot of jumping from one scene to the next without one scene even completing . Because I could not really connect with any of the characters I just feel there is not much for me to review about it . Book Blurb:Whisky “Sky” McKenna, daughter of a once notorious motorcycle club president, just wants to live her own life, without her father’s baggage, without her grandparents’ controlling rules, and preferably without stabbing her obnoxious employer with a fork.For months, the only thing that kept Sky dragging herself out of bed and off to her job was the brief few moments she got to stand behind her mystery guy at the coffee shop. She didn’t know his name—she didn’t care, all she knew was that those precious few moments each day she spent fantasizing about having his babies was the highlight of her pathetically, mundane life.Then he walked back into her life. Sawyer Riley; six feet of broody denim and leather with a demand that would turn her life upside down.Suddenly mundane was beginning to look pretty darn good. Holding onto her newly found freedom was proving difficult when everyone seemed hell bent on taking it away. How was she supposed to have a future when her past kept getting in the way?