chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Flat-Out Love - Jessica Park “You can look back now and see how you should have known, but you were focusing on the facts instead of the feeling.” Isn't that quote the truth , man oh man this story totally through me for a major loop at about 80% . I don't know if it was because I was not fully into the whole story and I think Matt and all his math talk was boring me totally .. but I surely was not expecting what was thrown at me at 80% into this book . book Blurb : Flat-Out Love is a warm and witty novel of family love and dysfunction, deep heartache and raw vulnerability, with a bit of mystery and one whopping, knock-you-to-your-knees romance.Something is seriously off in the Watkins home. And Julie Seagle, college freshman, small-town Ohio transplant, and the newest resident of this Boston house, is determined to get to the bottom of it.When Julie's off-campus housing falls through, her mother's old college roommate, Erin Watkins, invites her to move in. The parents, Erin and Roger, are welcoming, but emotionally distant and academically driven to eccentric extremes. The middle child, Matt, is an MIT tech geek with a sweet side ... and the social skills of a spool of USB cable. The youngest, Celeste, is a frighteningly bright but freakishly fastidious 13-year-old who hauls around a life-sized cardboard cutout of her oldest brother almost everywhere she goes.And there's that oldest brother, Finn: funny, gorgeous, smart, sensitive, almost emotionally available. Geographically? Definitely unavailable. That's because Finn is traveling the world and surfacing only for random Facebook chats, e-mails, and status updates. Before long, through late-night exchanges of disembodied text, he begins to stir something tender and silly and maybe even a little bit sexy in Julie's suddenly lonesome soul.To Julie, the emotionally scrambled members of the Watkins family add up to something that ... well ... doesn't quite add up. Not until she forces a buried secret to the surface, eliciting a dramatic confrontation that threatens to tear the fragile Watkins family apart, does she get her answer.Flat-Out Love comes complete with emails, Facebook status updates, and instant messagesI felt for Celeste and thought man this girl really loves and miss' her brother, I knew something was not right but I never thought it was all going to turn out the way that it did ... did I ever put two and two together ?? Nope I did not. I liked Julie , her being a "fixer" ... she sure did fix things in the end . I kinda like the whole facebook status' going on and once you get further into the book you have a better understanding as to why it was all in the story . Definitely an emotional, dysfunctional Family , but over all it was a great book .. I'm still a little numb after finding out what was going on and can't seem to get all my words out at the moment for a better review .