chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1) - H.B. Heinzer Is OUT IN PAPERBACK NOW And epub will be out sometime in the next 12 hrs http://www.amazon.com/Bent-HB-Heinzer/dp/1481931628/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1358884573&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=hb+heinzerI was given this book by the author in return for a review of what I thought of it . This is a Great story By a new author. It has romance ,a little bit of comedy . If there’s one thing Julia Wilson has learned in life, it’s that you can’t push your own dreams to the background for anyone. Newly divorced, Julia returns to the hometown she once swore would never see her again. Her plan is simple; enjoy the cheap rent her friend is offering and stay just long enough to develop a plan to make her own dreams come true. It doesn’t take long before Julia realizes she’s made a big mistake. Micah Anderson came closer to breaking Julia than anyone else ever had. After promising her forever, he broke her heart the week before she left for college. Now, Julia’s back in town and he’s going to have to tell her the truth about why he left her. It’s not possible to hide a twelve year old child when you live in a town of 5,000 people. Is following your dreams worth it if it means giving up on a second chance with her first love? Is trying to make a relationship work worth it if his past becomes a threat to her safety?this is the story of 2 people who 13 yrs ago separated for reasons we don't truly find out why until about mid way into the book . The focus of the 2 main characters was great . The story that led us through the book was a great story of past and present wrapped into one . I liked how the author made sure we understood Everything about what happened 13 yrs ago and I love how she built the relationship back up with Micah and Julia . Julia , I loved her Honestly I did , after what she had gone through 13yrs ago and then leading the life she did for 10 yrs I truly understood her whole reasoning as to the things she did and why she did them . I don't want to go into fully everything she did because it would ruin it for the reader . Micah ,he tried to step right back into how things where 13 yrs ago without a whole lot fo explanation at first, I do think he rushed things a little in the beginning, like in the first week . BUT with that said I understand why it's hard not to try to fall back into something when you have loved someone for 13 yrs and never stopped . This is a Great Short read . I definitely would recommend reading it, and I truly look forward to more from this author . Bent, is coming out on 2/1/2013