chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) - Jessica Sorensen Man Oh Man WHY , WHY , did I do this to myself and leave myself with a major cliffhanger and now waiting for the rest .........This Book consumed me for the last 24 hrs . It is full of emotion, heartache for the characters and everything else in between...This story was more than captivating, it was breathtaking. The characters were endearing and their journey will undeniably stay with you. Be prepared for an emotional, shattering journey, bring some tissues, but whatever you do, don’t miss this experience. "It's amazing how the things you remember forever are the things you'd rather forget and the things you desperately want to grasp onto seem to slip away like sand in the wind.” There are those who don’t get luck handed to them on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get saved.Luck was not on Callie’s side the day of her twelfth birthday when everything was stolen from her. After it’s all over, she locks up her feelings and vows never to tell anyone what happened. Six years later her painful past consumes her life and most days it’s a struggle just to breathe.For as long as Kayden can remember, suffering in silence was the only way to survive life. As long as he did what he was told, everything was okay. One night, after making a terrible mistake, it seems like his life might be over. Luck was on his side, though, when Callie coincidentally is in the right place at the right time and saves him.Now he can’t stop thinking about the girl he saw at school, but never really knew. When he ends up at the same college as Callie, he does everything he can to try to get to know her. But Callie is reserved and closed off. The more he tries to be part of her life, the more he realizes Callie might need to be saved.“I take my time because I love how it feels to carry her, the way she needs me, the way I need to protect her.”Characters: not only are Callie and Kayden so beautifully written, we also have amazing secondary characters such as Seth and Kayden’s friend Luke. Both Callie and Kayden have had a horrible childhood and they both have a dangerous way of coping with the effects. Although Callie’s trust has been shattered, she still cares about Seth (as a friend) and Kayden enough that she is willing to face her insecurities. Kayden’s best defense is to not let himself feel, but he can’t fight the way he feels about Callie. There was so much emotional charge infused in this novel that I could not get my mind off of these two characters the entire time I was reading their story. I loved everything about this book … from the alternating POV’s, to the perfectly flawed characters, and the gradual build up between Callie and Kayden.“I've never felt like this before, with anyone. It's against the rules of surviving.”I hate , hate , hate cliffhangers and I knew better , but I could not wait , and NOW I am stuck waiting until Feb 28th to see what happens next .......