chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Losing It - Cora Carmack “Sometimes, it's the scary things in life that are the most worthwhile.” this was A great short read. Virginity.Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.Garrick was pure hotness. He’s good-looking, a teacher and he is British I wished for a little more character development surrounding him since besides being attractive, Bliss was such a realistic and believable character and holy crap was she awkward as hell! This makes for some very hilarious moments between them. Their relationship was funny, sweet, awkward and HOT! “No matter how close, you are always too far My eyes are drawn everywhere you areI’m tired of the way we both pretend Tired of always wanting and never giving in I can feel it in my skin, see it in your grin We’re more. We always have been.Think of everything we’ve missed. Every touch and every kiss. Because we both insist. Resist.Hold your breath and close your eyes Distract yourself with other guysIt’s no surprise, your defeated sighs Aren’t you tired of the lies?Think of everything we’ve missed. Every touch and every kiss. Because we both insist. Resist. No matter how close, you are always too far My eyes are drawn everywhere you are.I’m done. I won’t ignore. I won’t pretend or resist.I won't more.”