chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

At Peace (The 'Burg, #2) - Kristen Ashley Have I said lately how much I LOVE KA ??? She truly is one amazing damn writer and I will continue to say that every time I read one of her books or talk to her in posts ... I LOVED Me some Peace , what an awesome damn Book . Hot, steamy, mystery, love, heartache, it had it all and then some . Violet Winters once had it all but lost it when her husband was murdered by a criminal madman. During a cold winter night Violet has to leave her warm bed to tell her neighbor to turn the music down. And that’s when she meets sinister, scarred, scarily attractive security specialist, Joe Callahan.She wants to deny it, but Violet can’t beat back the hunger she feels for Joe so she gives in again and again. Feeling it himself, Joe feeds Vi’s hunger, breaking his own rules to keep her in his bed.Even though Violet had only one man in her life, she’s sure Joe is giving her the signals and Vi decides she’s ready to take a second chance at life and, maybe, love. But Violet doesn’t know the dark secrets in Joe’s past, secrets so soul-wrenching, they’ve drained him dry. With nothing left to give, Joe’s determined to live his life alone and he breaks Violet’s heart.Crushed by Joe’s betrayal, Violet comes to terms with the fact that, no matter what signals he gave, Joe was not theirs to win. But Violet’s husband’s murderer is obsessed with her and heartbreak again haunts the door of the Winters home. When it does Joe is forced to face the knowledge that he can’t fight Violet’s pull, she’s under his skin and filled him full to bursting.Joe needs to win her back and put his life on the line to keep Violet safe. But, having had it all once, can Violet endure losing Joe?Joe, Alpha Male , hot, sexy , built, protective . Once again one of KA's men has it ALL wrapped up inside of him . I loved Joe , I disliked Joe, I wanted Joe , lol ... He had it all and then some . he was arrogant, he was pushy, he was , he was protective, he was bossy .. he had it .. and I loved him in the end . Vi , sweet Violet, been through hell and back losing her cop husband, having a psycho mob dude after her wanting her , had 2 teenage daughters to raise , and she had it tough . She was awesome in Peace I loved her , although I did not like her doing her doings with Mike , I guess in the end it all worked out for the best and it brought Joe to where he needed to be with being full of her and the girls . What an awesome Book .......