chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) - Colleen Hoover I started this book a couple hrs ago , I was so sucked into it because of the first one and I had to see what happened ... This book was BUTTERFLYING amazing!! Seriously!!!!! I laughed so hard with all the butterfly references through out the whole damn book . Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart. Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.“If I were a carpenter, I would build you a window to my soul. But I would leave that window shut and locked, so that every time you tried to look through it all you would see is your own reflection. You would see that my soul is a reflection of you.”I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WILL .. he had so much to offer and he was so grown up about the whole thing . yes I was upset when he thought keeping Vaugh from Lake was the right thing to do , but he also owned up to it when he realized the mistake that he made . I LOVED him in this one as much as I did the first one if not more ... he matured alot in this book . It was a nice change by being in Will's feet. I'd get to see Lake in his perspective,how and why he loved her,and to know him better. "Lake, you mean the world to me. You brought so much to my life..right when I needed it the most. I wish you could know how hopeless I was before I met you, so you would realize just how much you've changed me."I loved Lake and he actually questioning why Will loved her . I know it was hard for her to do . But I understand why she did what she did , she wanted to make sure that HE did truly love her and just did not feel bad for her in her situation . Will's and Lake's relationship were tested in this book not only once. And once again, I smiled, laughed, and..cried reading this. I felt the true love between them and their joy by having each other. They definitely grew more in love with this book. Definitely a must read ... amazing, with all the love, crying , laughing all wrapped into one book ....