chrisbookemporium

Chris Book Blog Emporium

The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) - Kristen Ashley Why do I love KA's Men so much . Why is it everytime I read one of her books I feel like I am right there in the middle and playing the part of the woman in the book .... This is another great writing from KA . Highlight of the book Nina Sheridan’s on a timeout adventure in the Colorado Mountains. She needs distance from her clueless fiancé, distance to decide whether she wants to spend the rest of her life with a man who doesn’t care enough to learn how she takes her coffee.Arriving in a blinding snowstorm at the A-Frame she rented, she comes face to face with the most amazing man she’s ever seen. Minutes later, when he kicks her out of his house, she goes head to head with him.Beyond angry because she’s flown half a world away to start her timeout adventure, not to mention her sinuses hurt, she heads back down the mountain and ends up in a ditch. Unable to extricate herself, she gives up, hopes for rescue and falls asleep in the backseat.The next morning she wakes up in the amazing man’s bed and she’s sick as a dog.Holden Maxwell spends days nursing her back to health and then he spends the next two weeks trying to convince her to take her Colorado adventure further, in other words, make it permanent and take a gamble on him.Nina has a tough time fighting her attraction to Max, especially when it seems all Max’s friends, her mother and stepdad and the whole town want them together and both she and Max get embroiled in the murder of Max’s ex-friend and the town of Gnaw Bone’s most detested resident – a man everyone has motive to kill, especially MaxMax is an amazing Macho mountain man who does not like to take no for an answer and has A Heart made of gold . He chooses to take in Nina from the cold and get her back to health from the flu . He spends 2 days taking complete care of a woman he has no idea who she is ...( Melted my heart Right there )Once she is better he decides he is not letting her leave and he does everything in his power to keep her there . They start to get into it about her so called fiance Niles and Max tells her “You’re half a world away, Duchess, you been sick as a dog and your man doesn’t contact you?”…“Niles is reserved,” I whispered.“Niles is an ass,” He returned…“You don’t know him.”…“I’ve seen you naked, I’ve seen you sweet, I’ve seen you unsure and I’ve seen you riled and, seein’ all that ,I know, you were half a world away from me, I’d fuckin’ phone.” Swoooooonnnnn ,..... Holy Hell Nina is fisty , does not hold nothing back when in a spat with him at all and she tells it like it is. She held back in the beginning about ehr feelings for Max , but she did it in a cute way . Nina having Charlie talk to her off and on through the whole book , made me shed some tears . He guided her down the path she needed to go and that was amazing . The end of this one just made me cry so much when Max had Anna telling him to live a happy life and she was taking Charlie with her , melted my heart , shed a tear , it was amazing .....